SELF WATERING PLANTER
Eco-Wick makes life easier for you, your plants, and your planet. These wicking beds are suitable for indoor, outdoor, ornamental and edible plants. Built with 90% up-cycled materials
Designed and built on Wurundjeri land, Melbourne
THE FUNKIEST WICKING BED
Colourful artistic prints on exterior.
40L reservoir lasts two - six weeks between refills!
Strong copper handle to facilitate mobility
Strong protective edging
Up-cycled food grade 3.2 mm HDPE Plastic
Water inlet lid
water level indicator
Edging protects hessian
Reduce water usage
up to 60% by avoiding
runoff and evaporation
Less hand weeding, less
watering, fill reservoir
monthly or when needed
Makes growing food easier:
increases deep root growth, consistency of moisture availability and soil health.
INNOVATIVE & SMART DESIGN
Water is drawn up from the 40L reservoir beneath the soil by ‘capillary action,’ keeping the soil moist and avoiding inefficient and time consuming watering.
GROWING WITH ECO-WICK
• Water from above for 2-3 weeks until seedlings are established
• Use well-aerated soil and allow soil to dry out periodically (see ‘soil’ section for more information)
• Mulch with pea straw hay on surface to further reduce moisture loss.
• The water reservoir will need to be topped up approx. every three weeks in summer, and less in cooler months.
• Check the water level by dipping the rubber hose attached to the inlet cap into the reservoir (as you would in a car oil-dipstick)
• Flush the water reservoir at least once a year to avoid salt and nutrient build-up. Do this by placing a running hose down the inlet hole and allowing the reservoir to overflow for 5 minutes.
Well aerated, lightweight, and nutritious is ideal for effective wicking. We recommend a high quality vegetable garden soil mix with an additional 20% Perlite. Regular backyard soils are not suited to wicking beds because of their high clay content and lack of aeration. Regularly add goodies to your soil, (compost, worms, worm wee, etc), but avoid excessive chemical fertilization because wicking beds retain nutrients very well. Flush the reservoir and allow the soil to dry out seasonally to maintain health.
Up-cycling is the process of transforming
by-products, waste materials, and unwanted materials into a new form! Eco-wick takes durable materials out of the waste stream and gives them a second life.